Skip to content
Priya@phoenix_wing16 · Aug 12, 2026

I was 23 when I joined Newslaundry. This is my note to you @newslaundry And my experience with the your ICC. A 🧵

5 tweets1 min read♥ 4.2Koriginal

Summary

A former Newslaundry employee recounts their traumatic experience with the company's Internal Complaints Committee (ICC), detailing lack of transparency about proceedings, unclear composition of the committee, no formal judgment communication, and inadequate grievance redressal mechanisms that left them confused and discouraged from seeking further help.

Summarized by ThreadOut AI from the full thread. May miss nuance — read the thread below.

  1. #1

    I was 23 when I joined Newslaundry. This is my note to you @newslaundry And my experience with the your ICC. A 🧵

  2. #2

    The guy in the ICC hearing didn’t even bother to look at me, or engage with me. It didn’t feel like a safe space.

  3. #3

    I was never formally communicated about who will be part of the hearing, who is part of ICC. I know there were 5 people. I am not sure if the 5th person was even part of ICC. I’m still not sure, it’s been 3 years.

  4. #4

    I was never formally communicated about the judgment, what action was taken, and I still don’t know what was your readdressal mechanism?

  5. #5

    My first experience with ICC was so traumatic, and I felt so lost as to what happened, and how; hence when Newslaundry gave me another trauma, it discouraged me to approach the ICC.