Skip to content
Kyle Porter@KylePorterNS · Sep 6, 2026

A thread of things that had to happen in the last 30-45 minutes for GB&I to win the Walker Cup. 1. Kihei Akina had…

7 tweets1 min read♥ 2Koriginal

Summary

GB&I won the Walker Cup in extraordinary fashion, requiring an improbable sequence of events in the final 30-45 minutes including missed putts by American players, multiple up-and-downs by GB&I competitors, and Josh Hill's clutch finish to secure their first title since 2015.

Summarized by ThreadOut AI from the full thread. May miss nuance — read the thread below.

  1. #1

    A thread of things that had to happen in the last 30-45 minutes for GB&I to win the Walker Cup. 1. Kihei Akina had to miss this putt.

  2. #2

    2. All three of these GB&I putts had to fall.

  3. #3

    3. Miles Russell had to three putt from here.

  4. #4

    4. Miles Russell had to miss both of these.

  5. #5

    5. Stew Hagestad had to make 5 at the last, which he did after choosing to hit DOD into the junk.

  6. #6

    6. Eliot Baker had to get up and down from here (pin not even in the screen).

  7. #7

    7. Josh Hill had to get up and down from HERE, which he did to win the Walker Cup for GB&I for the first time since 2015. Extraordinary series of events and probably the golf tournament of the year.