Skip to content
Matthew Berman@MatthewBerman · Sep 3, 2026

Astra (GPT-6) is here!!! I've had early access and tested it like crazy with things like games, code, writing, browser…

8 tweets1 min read♥ 4.2Koriginal

Summary

A user with early access to Astra (GPT-6) praises it as a major leap forward in AI capability, highlighting exceptional performance in game creation, browser control, 3D asset generation, and knowledge work tasks. The model is described as highly steerable, faster, and significantly reducing "AI smell" in writing, with numerous demo projects showcasing its abilities from game clones to interactive experiences.

Summarized by ThreadOut AI from the full thread. May miss nuance — read the thread below.

  1. #1

    Astra (GPT-6) is here!!! I've had early access and tested it like crazy with things like games, code, writing, browser control, presentations and general knowledge work. This is the best model I've ever used. Period. (Incredible demos below in this thread ⬇️) Here's my take on Astra: > It's insanely capable. This feels like a massive improvement, not just an incremental change. This is especially true with zero-shot prompts. > It's all about knowledge work. Slide creation, analysis, writing, and browser control. And oh my...it's so good at browser control. GPT-5.6 was already fantastic at doing things in the browser, Astra is another level and significantly faster. > We're closer than ever (arrived?) at prompt-to-playable game. And I don't just mean only playable, these are actually fun games. I bet if someone with a great eye for games used Astra, they could create a viral game within 1-2 weeks. > Astra is better at writing but not perfect. It removes much of the "AI Smell" we're all familiar with but some stink still survived. > It has a tendency to use the same design colors and look/feel as GPT-5.6 (forrest green anyone?) but it is more steerable in design than previous models. > It's highly steerable in general. A little nudge goes a long way. When I first started using Astra, almost every task I gave it would go for ~30 minutes. I wanted it to keep working. Adding more specifics to a prompt helped greatly with it's ability to work for a long time. > Astra's 3D understanding is unmatched. 3D asset creation was consistent and easy and its spacial awareness while building complex 3D worlds blew me away. I'm still getting familiar with Astra but this will now be my go-to model for any difficult work I have. Check out the demos below: 👇

  2. #2

    Full Sim City Clone I used /goal for this and it ran for 5 days straight and still wasn't done by the time I shipped this demo.

  3. #3

    Fall Guys Clone

  4. #4

    3D Mini Biome World

  5. #5

    3D Liminal Space Horror Game

  6. #6

    3D ASCII Art City

  7. #7

    Create a walking tour through Kyoto. This is browser control.

  8. #8

    Check out my full review and dozens of demos here: signals.forwardfuture.com/astra-review/